In this activity you will learn to perform a comprehensive cervical and lumbar examination. In order to develop an accurate treatment plan, your Diagnosis must be well formulated using modern day technology as well as by performing a comprehensive History and Physical Exam.
This activity designed to meet the educational needs of physicians, physician assistants, nurses and other healthcare professionals interested in treatment of pain management.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Perform interventional pain management procedures such as spinal epidurals, facet, trigger point, and medium and large bursa injections competently, safely, and effectively for their patient.
- Avoid risks by setting patient expectations and associated areas for treatment.
- Apply the generally accepted protocols for the administration of prescription drugs for various acute, sub-acute and possible chronic medical conditions (i.e. orofacial pain, chronic tendonopathies, disc degenerative disorders).
- Describe the proper guidelines for the acquisition, patient charting and administrative issues (i.e. medical intake forms, informed consents),
- Recognize contraindications for various treatments, as well as the standards of care.
- Prescribe appropriate Physical Therapy interventions when appropriate.
- Describe and identify the various standards of care to safely administer and prescribe pharmacologics for the administration of chronic and sub-acute illnesses in relation to the management of pain in accordance with generally accepted medical guidelines, protocols and DEA recommendations.
Criteria for Success
Statements of credit will be awarded based on the participant's attendance and submission of the activity evaluation form. A statement of credit will be available upon completion of an online evaluation/claimed credit form at akhcme.com. You must participate in the entire activity to receive credit. There If you have questions about this CME/CE activity, please contact AKH Inc. at email@example.com.
CME/CE Credit provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and Empire Medical Training. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is awarded 25.25 Contact Hours.
Activity is jointly-provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and Empire Medical Training.
There is no commercial support for this educational activity.
*program subject to change