At Empire Medical Training’s Miami Vice 25th Anniversary Celebration, we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and welcoming community for all attendees. Our code of conduct outlines the expected behavior and the consequences for any unacceptable conduct. We encourage sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors, and participants to contribute to a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. Please review and adhere to the following guidelines:
Expected behavior includes:
- Being considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refraining from engaging in demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, as well as using inappropriate materials or speech.
- Remaining aware of your surroundings and the well-being of your fellow participants. Promptly notifying the conference organizers if you encounter a hazardous situation or notice someone in distress.
Unacceptable behavior and materials include, but are not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct or materials by any event attendee or related participants. Please be respectful to all patrons of shared event venues.
- Harassment, including offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking, following; harassing materials, photography, or recording; sustained disruption of talks or events (verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Wearing clothing that is unsuitable for a professional work environment, provocative, or potentially offensive.
- Physical, written, verbal, or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving, or any use of physical force that creates a disruptive or dangerous disturbance, or instills apprehension in others as determined by Informa and its show management.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, posing a danger to others when used inappropriately.
- Boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including sexually explicit or offensive language, materials, or conduct, and the use of profanity, obscene gestures, racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing open containers or receptacles containing alcoholic beverages, except in designated areas. Please consume alcohol responsibly.
- Possessing illegal substances, including narcotics, marijuana, or other prohibited drugs. Informa strictly prohibits the use or abuse of illegal substances within the venue.
- Smoking, except in designated areas.
- Assembling with the intent to disturb the peace, engage in unlawful activities, or partake in offensive behavior.
- Failure to comply with any rules or regulations set forth by the venue.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior:
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- The conference organizers may take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion from the conference without refund.
Reporting unacceptable behavior:
In case of an emergency, immediately call 911 using the house phones or directly.
If you witness or experience unacceptable behavior, notice someone else being subjected to it, or have any concerns, please inform a conference organizer promptly. All reports will be treated with complete confidentiality.
Event Staff will be available to assist participants in contacting venue security or local law enforcement, providing escorts, or offering any necessary support to ensure the well-being of those affected by unacceptable behavior throughout the conference. You can report such incidents to any staff member. Staff can be located in the Show Office onsite, or you may reach out to the contacts listed below via email.
This code of conduct applies to all individuals participating in the conference, including staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests. It is expected that everyone adheres to this code of conduct at all conference venues and during conference-related social events.
Raiza Areas, Vice President of Operations: [email protected]
Yurik Lozano, Director of Marketing: [email protected]
Please note that Empire Medical Training reserves the right to revise these policies at any time. This code of conduct is non-negotiable and does not affect any of Empire Medical Training’s rights, which are expressly reserved.