Platelet Rich Plasma Training for AestheticsAccreditation: 9 AMA PRA CATEGORY 1 CME CREDITS
The popularity of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments among patients for aesthetic purposes has exploded in recent years as patients are now realizing the long-term and permanent benefits of this procedure. With the average treatment cost of $1,000 per patient it allows for the physician to realize additional cash revenues within their practice with little or no capital expenditure. Empire Medical's Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Training is the perfect compliment to other aesthetic injectible procedures (i.e. Botox/Dermal Fillers) and can be easily incorporated into any type of medical or aesthetic practice.
PRP therapies allow for the separation of a patient’s blood through a variety of harvesting techniques to extract a concentration of autologous platelets. These platelets when activated release adhesive glycoproteins (fibrin, fibronectin, and vitronectin) and various growth factors. The growth factors and/or cytokines released when the concentrated autologous platelets are activated in soft tissue include:
- Transforming growth factor beta (TGFβ) – cell division and stem cell attraction
- Connective tissue growth factor (wound healing)
- Insulin-like growth factor I & II (ILGF)
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (organ regeneration)
- Epidermal growth factor (EGF)
- Interleuken 8
- Fibroblast growth factor (wound healing/aesthetics)
- Keratinocyte growth factor (wound healing/aesthetics)
Once these proteins and growth factors bind to the cellular receptors of skin tissue (fibroblasts, endothelial cells, and osteoblasts) at the injection point, they activate a variety of intercellular events which help mediate:
- Migration of stem cells to the injection area
- New Cell proliferation
- Production of extracellular matrix proteins
Regeneration occurs within the tissues and fibrils ensues, growth and tissue repair will continue for up to (5) weeks after the injections. The result is promotion of local tissue growth and repair of damaged tissue that is permanent. Contrary to other solutions for the skin such as Botox and Dermal Fillers, PRP is natural (non-synthetic) and will not be reabsorbed or synthesized by bacteria.
PRP Training - Course Information
This comprehensive Platelet Rich Plasma Workshop (PRP) will discuss the component factors of platelet rich plasma as well as the (2) FDA approved PRP preparation processes and re-injection techniques and protocols. Clinically, PRP has been used by oral surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, podiatrists, and plastic surgeons for over 15 years. Over 1,500 hospitals nationwide utilize PRP in medical procedures for a variety of intra-operative procedures. Platelet-rich plasma procedures have also received considerable attention in the popular media because of its use in treating sports injuries in professional athletes.
The Platelet Rich Plasma Training program will provide you with hands-on training through live demonstrations on patients. After taking an Empire Medical workshop you will gain a high level of proficiency in performing PRP injections, and will understand why many patients looking for these innovative techniques.
Like all of our aesthetic workshops, this is a comprehensive certification program that will provide each attendee with extensive sessions and patient education. This PRP Education seminar will be taught by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and other specialists.
Our expert physician staff of Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and specialists will work closely with each attendee to help ensure that the attendee's skill level in performing the various sculpting techniques and desired correction for the patient is sufficient. Didactic instruction will cover all client expectations, indications for treatment, techniques and protocols needed, along with any contraindication, potential risks, or possible side effects with the procedure.
Attendees will receive a full course manual with specific protocols and reference material along with treatment forms, consent forms, and other patient intake forms that can immediately be implemented into the practice. Also, an adequate amount of time will be devoted to pricing each procedure and specific marketing protocols that have proven success in our practices.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy: Course Objectives
Thoroughly understand and become proficient in the following areas:
- Learn specifically the kinds of wrinkles, tissue damage, aesthetic enhancements, and pain areas that can be improved using the various types of PRP technology available and injection techniques for correction.
- Understand the pros and cons of the various spin methods (single spin/dual spin) and the clinical validity of medical grade solutions as compared with commercial non-medical solutions that are promoted through the Internet, You-Tube, and trade shows.
- Gain specific knowledge as to the component factor of platelet rich plasma, clinical validity of PRP, aesthetic uses for PRP, and the future of platelet rich plasma and biologics.
- Understand the various FDA Approved protocols associated with PRP therapy including recommended indications, dosing, areas for treatment, and in combination with other tissue augmentation therapies.
- Acquire the technical skill to perform all the various types of injections for the face and neck.
- Understand the pros and cons, and when to use PRP therapy with your patients.
- Learn how to properly and effectively present the various options to your patients including explaining likely results and setting expectations.
Pricing Options and Savings Comparison
Compare savings between a single seminar and the various membership options. If attending more than one seminar, memberships typically are the best value.
Attend all 26 Aesthetics, Medical & Anti-Aging Workshops FREE ($20,000 Value) Price increase to $3,999
Pain Specialty Membership
Attend all 7 Pain Management Workshops FREE ($10,000 Value) Price increase to $4,499
Attend All Platinum, Platinum Plus & Pain Workshops FREE ($30,000 Value) Price increase to $5,999